INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
PROVINCIAL COMMUNICATIONS PRACTITIONER
NORTHERN CAPE/WESTERN CAPE PROVINCE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 11 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the Northern Cape/Western Cape Provincial Office in Stellenbosch.
KEY OUTPUTS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage the successful implementation of the organisation’s Business Plan across the province/s.
- Provide monthly management reports accurately reflecting the status of implementation of the Business Plan.
- Monitor quarterly the implementation of the Business Plan and address non-compliance by Local Offices.
- Undertake liaison and communication with all internal stakeholders to secure participation and coordinate inputs into policy changes.
- Effective communication of changes in policy and procedures to all affected internal stakeholders within 7 days from approval.
- Manage and monitor expenditure on a monthly basis against approved budget/forecast ensuring that all variances are addressed timeously with the Provincial Finance and Admin Manager.
- Ensure that all procurement is in line with the approved supply chain management policies and practices including the monitoring of payments within stipulated timeframes.
- Assist with the implementation of events.
- Undertake media monitoring and proactively manage relations with controlled and uncontrolled media to ensure effective communication including preparing and disseminating press responses and press releases.
- Proactively source media segment opportunities within the assigned province/s to promote legal advice, information and empowerment through media interviews.
- Engage in advocacy/lobbying interventions with relevant stakeholders to advance the interests of Legal Aid SA and its clients.
- Ensure that each Local Office arranges a Client Stakeholder Forum to promote the services of Legal Aid SA as well as facilitate networking opportunities for client organisations.
- Maintain a database of client community organisations within the region and ensure telephonic communication with them at scheduled intervals to strengthen awareness of Legal Aid SA services as well as ensure that the referral mechanism is maintained, and maintain healthy relationships with NGOs, FBOs, CBOs.
- Provide communication support of Achievers Awards programme for regional nominations and award ceremony.
- Write, edit, contribute and distribute content for all internal communication and other marketing material that communicates the organisation’s activities and services.
- Ongoing monitoring of suggestion boxes and development and implementation of feedback mechanism re: Suggestion Boxes.
- Ongoing analysis of complaints registers to identify communication gaps and address negative perceptions of Legal Aid SA.
- Accurate quarterly audits to ensure compliance with Legal Aid SA Marketing/Communications policy.
- Implement and maintain all signage and branding in line with overall brand guidelines (Corporate Identity Manual) at all Legal Aid SA premises across the responsible province/s.
- Assist in the implementation of all Organisational Culture Programmes and recommendations at Local Offices.
- Approved and communicated events calendar to promote the Legal Aid SA brand and image.
- Quality information input into Intranet content to best serve the information needs of Legal Aid SA employees and management.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised tertiary qualification in Communication / Media / Marketing / Public Relations related studies, e.g. Bachelors Degree / National Diploma.
- Postgraduate qualification in above fields an added advantage.
- Registration with a professional body, e.g. PRISA, a recommendation.
- Five (5) years relevant experience in communications / marketing / public relations.
BASIC SALARY: (R470,040.00) plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 10 July 2020, quoting the reference number NCWC/PCP/26/06/2020 in the subject line to WCNCRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Pumezo Qelile, Tel: (021) 861 3000
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT.
Please login/register to apply online