INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
SUPERVISORY LEGAL PRACTITIONER- CIVIL
EMPANGENI LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 11 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the Empangeni Local Office.
- Train, supervise and guide Candidate Attorneys.
- Co-ordinate legal training at the office.
- Provide individual mentoring for and coaching of Legal Practitioners and Candidate Attorneys.
- Assess the quality of the files and work performed by Candidate Attorneys and Legal Practitioners daily.
- Assist the Head of Office with quality assessments.
- Monitor case flow management of Legal Practitioners, Candidate Attorneys and Judicare practitioners at court.
- Assess the quality of Judicare work.
- Monitor and assess the quality of work performed by Co-operation Partners.
- Legal representation in civil matters.
- Ensure that the law library at the office is up to date and adequate.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- B Proc or LLB.
- Admitted attorney.
- At least seven years’ post-admission legal experience.
- Experience as a Senior Legal Practitioner or equivalent preferable.
- Legal Quality Assurance score of not less than 90%.
- Must be able to mentor and supervise.
- Legal representation and litigation skills.
- Human rights orientation.
- A commitment to professionalism and service excellence.
- A valid code 08 driver’s license compulsory.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong research capabilities.
- Good administrative skills.
- Strong training and development skills.
Salary Package: SU – 1 R847,041.00 all-inclusive package per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 20 October 2020, quoting the reference number EMP/SLP-CIVIL/02/10/2020 in the subject line to KZNRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Lungile Magoso, Tel: 035 792 4949
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Please login/register to apply online