INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RE-ADVERTISEMENT
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
EASTERN CAPE PROVINCIAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 11 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the Eastern Cape Provincial Office, in Port Elizabeth.
To support the Provincial Human Resources Manager in performing the provincial Human Resources functions.
- Ensure standardisation of implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective delivery of centralised HR processes.
- Ensure that all HR administration operational risks are mitigated and key controls implemented.
- Maintain accurate and up to date record and filing system for HR documentation.
- Ensure HR Helpdesk & HR Public Folder resolution in respect of all queries. Resolve discrepancies, unusual features or queries identified and referred to the National Office Helpdesk and Public Folder. Ensure that all issues assigned are resolved timeously.
- Ensure accurate administration of pension, Group Life and medical aid in accordance with Legal Aid SA’s HR Policy.
- Facilitate accurate advice and support regarding HR processes and related HR enquiries given to employees.
- Maintain accurate payroll processes. Ensure payroll processing faults are minimised and monitor that month-end payroll processes comply with monthly payroll cut-off dates.
- Maintain accurate capturing of employee data on SAP and resolve all remuneration and pay queries/inquiries.
- Maintain accurate administration of leave processes in accordance with Legal Aid SA’s HR Policy.
- Maintain accurate administration of attendance management processes in accordance with Legal Aid SA’s HR Policy.
- Maintain accurate administration of employees personnel files.
- Provide logistical support, if required.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised Grade 12 certificate plus an appropriate tertiary qualification.
- Two (2) years’ admin experience.
BASIC SALARY: R208 584.00 plus benefits per annum (Level 6)
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 25 January 2021 quoting the reference number ECPO/HRO/15/01/2021 in the subject line to ECRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Thenjiwe Magazi, Tel: 041 363 8863
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Please login/register to apply online