INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
MANAGER: ORGANISATION AND EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE – BRAAMFONTEIN
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 11 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the National Office in Braamfontein.
- Participate as a member of the HR Management Committee with a specific focus on learning and organisational development and how that resource is best leveraged, led and managed to support the delivery of the overall business objectives.
- Design and deliver OD and change management strategies, processes and interventions that support Legal Aid SA’s ambition to be a high performing organisation; to include initiatives which foster a high-performance culture, where valuing learning, continuous improvement and diversity are the norm.
- Identify, own and manage risks arising from strategic and operational OD and learning and development plans, projects and initiatives.
- Manage the skills development and employment equity process in alignment with Legal Aid SA’s transformation agenda by displaying a clear understanding of the workforce’s changing demographics and know-how to tailor the learning offering accordingly.
- Using Top Employer People Practice global benchmarking, implement talent management programmatic intervention through robust change management.
- Improve the B-BBEE scoring achieved, assign transformation targets to business units, monitor performance against set targets and manage the annual B-BBEE verification process.
- Implement the 5 Year Employment Equity Plan.
- Develop and distribute Annual Training Plan using gap analyses from leadership pipeline, leadership heatmap, performance appraisals, risk profiling and skills audit.
- Accountable for alignment between the Employment Equity Plan and the organisation’s Workplace Skills Plan and annual submission thereof.
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, e.g. Department of Labour, relevant SETA, et cetera to ensure that their co-operation can be obtained when required on transformation matters and interventions.
- Ensure learning strategies address current and future business challenges resulting from demographic shifts and support different audiences’ learning needs and styles.
- To lead on the development of a staff skills and knowledge database in order to maximise the diverse talents of the organisation.
- Define and translate business needs into learning and development solutions and communicate across boundaries to ensure effective engagement.
- Manage and drive organisational change initiatives including new organisation designs, roles, core competency and career frameworks including competency and capability frameworks (legal-specific and organisational).
- Perform training needs analysis to define the scope and parameters of learning solution.
- Manage, develop and implement learning solutions.
- Manage and implement competency-driven position profile.
- Establish processes to ensure that education, training and development needs are identified for individuals, groups and the organisation.
- Ensure a dedicated focus on high-value initiatives such as leadership development, competency management, the integration of performance management processes with learning, coaching and the implementation of career development programmes (review leadership pipeline, develop and analyse the leadership heat map, conduct and analyse Admin Managers risk profile, linking training intervention to Annual Training Plan).
- Define leadership competencies, coaching and assessment programmes as part of successful leadership development initiatives.
- Evaluate training in terms of accepted training principles and how well training goals are met.
- Management of the allocation of bursaries in terms of the Legal Aid SA policy.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management/Development, Industrial Psychology or postgraduate qualification with Human Resources as a major.
- A respected HR practitioner with 10 years’ experience in Human Resources Management, at least 5 of which are at a middle management level.
- Extensive experience of the setup and design and implementation of HR/OD processes and services within a complex organisation.
- Strong knowledge of the core learning and organisational development discipline and how to implement and leverage these within a complex business: performance management, learning and development, talent management (including career development, organisational design and development).
- Change management skills.
- Able to partner with the core business to support the achievement of strategic objectives through effective learning and organisational development processes.
- Able to partner with the Human Resources Executive to support the achievement of strategic objectives through effective support processes.
- Effective working relationship with the Human Resources Executive, Senior Managers and Executives.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of all legislation related to education, training and development, employment equity and skills development.
- Project management experience is essential.
- Project management skills, presentation skills and report compilation skills.
Salary Package: R1,057,326.00 (Level 13) all-inclusive package per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 29 January 2021, quoting the reference number MAN/OED/15/01/2021 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Siphesihle Molefe, Tel: 011 877 2134
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Please login/register to apply online