INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RE-ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE – BRAAMFONTEIN
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 12 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill in the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Braamfontein.
To conduct audit reviews and evaluations on internal controls, control self-assessments, risk management, corporate governance practises, adequacy and effectiveness of controls within Legal Aid SA and render related advice to management.
- Scheduling of all planning logistics for audit projects allocated.
- Compiling of detailed audit programmes for all activities that form part of an audit under the supervision of the senior Internal Auditor.
- Co-ordinate the execution of the audit programmes for specific audits.
- Conducting entry and exit meetings during audits.
- Drafting audit reports for review by the Internal Audit Supervisor in accordance with all SOPs.
- Reviewing of all project working papers on TeamMate.
- Identifying risks and ensuring that the supporting audit programme is risk-based.
- Determine the sampling methodology to be used for the audit programme, as well as sample sizes.
- Ensuring the maximum utilisation of IDEA and TeamMate software and resolving all troubleshooting issues.
- Overseeing the quality of audit working papers and completion of all audit projects within the stipulated timeframes.
- Ensuring the supervision of all fieldwork and that delivery challenges are resolved timeously.
- Perform audit fieldwork for more complicated areas and documenting the audit evidence on TeamMate.
- Discussion of more complex exceptions with the Auditee, involving system and legislative issues, and documentation of both exceptions and findings.
- Identification of areas that require specialist intervention.
- Conducting standard and governance audits including ad hoc and special projects.
- Assisting the Internal Audit Supervisors as and when required, in compiling the Findings Register, Tracking Schedules, Heat Maps and Charts.
- Conduct performance reviews of all subordinates.
- Recommend leave and appropriate training for subordinates to the Internal Audit Supervisors.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- Three (3)-year qualification with courses in Accounting, Auditing, Internal Auditing or Management Accounting.
- Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors will be advantageous.
- Minimum of three (3) years of internal audit work experience.
- Working knowledge of PFMA, National Treasury Regulations, Legal Aid SA Act and other relevant Statutes.
- Working knowledge of King IV Code of Corporate Governance.
- Knowledge of TeamMate audit software.
BASIC SALARY: R376 596.00 plus benefits per annum (level 9)
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 20 April 2021, quoting the reference number NO/IA/01/04/2021 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Eulender Mafolo, Tel: 011 877 2373
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Please login/register to apply online