INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RE-ADVERTISEMENT
PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO INTERNAL AUDIT EXECUTIVE
NATIONAL OFFICE – BRAAMFONTEIN
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 12 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill in the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Braamfontein.
To provide an effective executive secretarial and administrative support service to the Office of the Executive.
KEY OUTPUTS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Arrange meetings, conferences, workshops, interviews, et cetera, according to priority.
- Scheduling/rescheduling of appointments and meetings correctly and timeously.
- Synchronisation between electronic and manual diaries.
- Prepare accurate and updated diary and follow-up system at all times to ensure proper access control to the Executive.
- Confirm venue and catering arrangements prior to the event.
- Keep accurate records of all messages taken for the attention of the Executive.
- Ensure that the office of the Executive and own workstation is kept clean and neat at all times.
- Maintain good relations with all internal and external customers/stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate with people at all levels on behalf of the Executive as per the instruction or in the execution of duties.
- Arrange events and functions in accordance with company procedures.
- Compile agenda, previous minutes, reports and relevant documentation accurately in accordance with the Executive’s requirements.
- Accurately inform all concerned per e-mail of meeting date, time and venue.
- Distribute documentation seven (7) days prior to the meeting.
- Confirm attendance one day prior to the meeting.
- Oversee printing/copying and binding of meeting packs in the required format and process electronic documentation in line with Legal Aid SA administrative procedures.
- Ensure that documents distributed internally or externally are of a high standard
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail as per the instructions and in accordance with Legal Aid SA administrative procedures.
- Ensure that all contracts are finalised in terms of the Legal Aid SA Approval Framework.
- Keep records as per legal requirements and file documents 100% correctly according to Filing Index System.
- Complete travel arrangements for the Internal Audit Executive and other staff within the requirements and deadlines according to financial and procurement procedures, with no double or incorrect bookings.
- Complete Executive expense claims 100% within company policies and procedures.
- Type assignments for completion within agreed time frames, perform spell checks on all documents and treat them as confidential.
- Attend to visitors with caution and promptly according to protocol on receiving guests and as per scheduled appointments. Make discretionary decisions when managing difficult clients.
- Arrange secure parking for visitors according to Legal Aid SA security policies and procedures.
- Comply 100% with Client Service Standards Charter by ensuring that customer needs are identified quickly and correctly, they are provided with correct information and directed to a person who can assist them. Customers are made to feel at ease.
- Refer all internal and external queries timeously to the relevant Manager/Executive and keep accurate records of customer complaints, referrals to relevant departments until finalisation.
- Accurate maintenance of personnel records and keep leave records in the required format.
- Conduct a bi-annual/annual audit of fixed assets to ensure that all assets are recorded and present.
- Maintain fixed assets, tools and equipment, photocopy, fax, petrol card and vehicle key registers.
- Comply with Legal Aid SA Procurement Regulations by ensuring payment of creditors in accordance with Legal Aid SA Financial Policy/Procedures and maintain Purchase Orders accurately as per set procedure.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised Grade 12 certificate with a Secretarial Diploma and a high level of proficiency in using MS Office Programmes.
- Minimum 3 years of secretarial experience.
Basic Salary: R257,508.00 plus benefits per annum (Level 7)
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 30 June 2021, quoting the reference number NO/PA/11/06/2021 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Itumeleng Motaung, Tel: 011 877 2083
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Please login/register to apply online