INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE (NOE)
SALARY PACKAGE: COMPETITIVE NEGOTIABLE REMUNERATION PACKAGE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 12 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from suitable persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a fixed-term contract and will be expected to sign a performance contract. The position reports to the CEO and is based at the National Office in Johannesburg (Braamfontein).
- Provide strategic support to the Chief Executive Officer in the development of the Legal Aid SA Strategic Plan, operational plans, MTEF and annual budgets in relation to the delivery of the legal services offering.
- Ensure delivery of the legal services offering at the defined range, scope and quality on a national basis through the Legal Aid SA national footprint.
- Develop and maintain strategic service provider partnerships with the legal profession by developing, maintaining and managing an outsourced system of briefing accredited legal practitioners in order to leverage opportunities to increase the scope of legal services delivery.
- Maintain strategic business partnerships with the Chief Legal Executive in order to ensure the delivery of the organisation’s stated Civil Legal Practice and Strategic Litigation Services objectives.
- Develop and maintain strategic service provider partnerships with Co-Operation Partners in order to leverage opportunities for the delivery of legal services in locations outside of the Legal Aid SA national footprint.
- Develop and implement a legal quality management system to ensure that the legal services offering meets and continuously improves on the defined quality parameters.
- Develop and implement a client relationship management system to ensure client focus, accessibility and satisfaction.
- Build and execute a roadmap that ensures the regular review of legal services delivery operating systems to ensure continuous improvement, innovation, relevance and responsiveness.
- Develop and implement a risk and sustainability management system for the legal services delivery operating system.
- Ensure the effective implementation of a sound governance framework for the legal services delivery operating system and oversee compliance with the PFMA, legal professional and ethical standards in relation, but not limited to, the Attorneys Act 53 of 1979, and any other relevant legislation.
- Maintain strategic business partnerships with the Chief Operations Officer and other Executives in order to ensure the delivery of the organisation’s stated Communication, Corporate Legal, Finance, Human Resources objectives in support of the delivery of quality legal services.
- Develop and implement a stakeholder relationship management system to leverage opportunities for collaboration and exploit opportunities for information dissemination.
- Participate as a member of the Management Executive Committee and the Management Committee with a specific focus on the delivery of the legal services offering.
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- B degree in Law or equivalent (NQF Level 8).
- An admitted legal practitioner with the right of appearance in South African courts.
- Postgraduate qualification in Management/Business Administration.
- Relevant 10-12 years’ general management experience of which 5 (five) years must have been at a senior management level.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution to drive operational excellence and efficiencies is required.
- Experience within a public-funded entity is essential in assisting the incumbent to drive a good governance approach in compliance with the PFMA, Treasury Regulations and other relevant prescripts.
- Strong leader with a track record in managing a complex organisation and successfully implementing organisational transformation.
- Experience in liaising and building relationships with external stakeholders.
- Development National Operations’ strategic objectives, provide leadership, direction and guidance on the implementation of the approved strategic imperatives to ensure seamless execution of the day-to-day legal delivery system.
- Ability to lead by creating an inspired vision, modelling the way and creating an environment that maximises team effectiveness.
- Strong knowledge of the core business administration processes and systems and how to implement and leverage these within a complex business to achieve operational efficiencies and client service excellence.
- Able to create “functional integration” of the legal services delivery function across a national footprint whilst ensuring the implementation of quality management, risk management and client relationship programmes.
- Able to partner with all Executives in the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills, business acumen and the ability to deal with ambiguity, meet demanding deadlines and manage projects.
- Ability to lead, influence and persuade in the best interests of Legal Aid SA.
- Ability to benchmark operations and to implement business process management best practice within the organisation.
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting the practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 02 September 2021 by email, quoting the reference number NO/NOE/20/8/2021 in the subject line to NOERecruit@legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Siphesihle Molefe, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.