SENIOR SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 12 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a fixed-term contract for 12 months. The position is based at the National Office in Braamfontein.
To ensure the most efficient, effective and economical procurement, while ensuring compliance with Supply Chain Management and BEE requirements. To manage the full procurement function of the organisation which includes, but is not limited to, the areas of travel, insurance, cellphones, courier services, fleet and stationery. To handle special projects that arise from time to time in the Finance Department.
- Must be fully conversant with all SCM policies and procedures as the custodian of procurement in the organisation.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures regarding SCM are always up to date and relevant, e.g., SCM, Travel & Subsistence, Cellphones, Insurance, et cetera.
- Prepare reports to Senior Management, Board and other committees on policy amendments and procurement recommendations.
- Prepare Procurement Plan of the organisation and submit for authorisation.
- Ensure effective control over all functions performed in the department by the application of smart and innovative work methods.
- Ensure that items are procured at the best cost and quality levels within the requirements of SCM and BEE regulations.
- Assist with management of the full tender process and act in an advisory capacity to client departments.
- Compile reports for submission to the relevant committees for approval.
- Ensure that all assets and risks are adequately insured.
- Assist with management of the SLA for insurance services – service, costs, et cetera.
- Assist with management of cellphone accounts with the contracted service provider – service, costs, payments, et cetera.
- Assist with management of the SLA for courier services – service, costs, et cetera.
- Assist with management of the SLA for travel management services – service, costs, account payments, et cetera.
- Assist with management of the printing and stationery account – stock, quality, costs, et cetera.
- Assist with management of the budgets and expenditure of all the abovementioned aspects.
- Provide specialist support to internal clients on evaluations of proposals in respect of all procurement.
- Manage and monitor the status of outstanding purchase orders.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports on key statistics and deliverables, e.g., BEE purchases, insurance claims statistics, the status of tenders, expenditure, reporting to National Treasury, et cetera.
- Negotiate participation of Legal Aid SA in National Treasury transversal contracts.
- Work closely with internal and external auditors on all areas of responsibility.
- Provide ongoing training on SCM and other procurement policies and procedures.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A relevant recognised tertiary commercial or accounting qualification (BCom Accounting, or a relevant National Diploma).
- Three (3) years experience within a procurement environment, preferably in the public sector.
- Three (3) years’ management experience.
- A high level of proficiency in computer literacy is required.
- Advanced financial management and accounting skills.
- Advanced report writing skills.
Salary: R733,257.00 (All-inclusive package) per annum (Level 11)
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 07 September 2021, quoting the reference number SEN/SMCS/28/8/21 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Eulender Mafolo, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
Please login/register to apply online