SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 12 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a fixed-term contract for 12 months. The position is based at the National Office in Braamfontein.
To supervise the procurement of goods and services efficiently, effectively and economically and to assist the Procurement Manager with the management of all other areas of responsibility such as travel, insurance, cellphones, courier services and SCM policies and procedures.
KEY OUTPUTS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Supervise the sourcing of quotations for goods and services.
- Supervise the creation and generation of purchase requisitions /orders/GRNs.
- Evaluate quotations as per policy criteria in standard operating procedures.
- Supervise support services for the administration of demand and acquisition of goods and services.
- Assist with reporting to the National Treasury and Auditor-General.
- Ensure that all assets and risks are adequately insured.
- Monitor the status of insurance claims and take appropriate action to ensure timeous settlement.
- Assist with the administration of travel and accommodation contracts.
- Ensure that obsolete or excess items are disposed of at the best possible price.
- Arrange courier services as and when required.
- Assist with the administration of the courier services contract.
- Manage the cellphone account in line with the approved policy.
- Assist with updating of regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assist with all aspects of SCM to ensure full compliance with policies and procedures and NT regulations.
- Supervision of staff.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised Grade 12 and a relevant three-year qualification.
- Three years’ experience within a procurement/financial environment.
- Experience in SYSPRO and Excel is strongly recommended.
Basic Salary: R376,596.00 plus benefits per annum (Level 9)
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 07 September 2021, quoting the reference number SCMS/28/8/21 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Eulender Mafolo, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
Please login/register to apply online