LAND RIGHTS MANAGEMENT UNIT: ADMIN OFFICER x 2
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 12 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. These positions are based in Braamfontein.
To provide administrative support to the Land Rights Management Unit in accordance with Legal Aid SA policies, procedures and standards.
- Leading the way in conducting herself/himself in a professional manner and with dignity.
- Efficiently and accurately maintaining the record-keeping and filing system as per standard operating procedures.
- Take accurate minutes of meetings.
- Assist the Paralegal, Attorneys, Executive PA and stakeholders.
- Handle and pay bills efficiently and accurately.
- Maintenance and issuing of stationary in accordance with relevant Legal Aid SA procedures.
- Assist to monitor and maintain the inventory of assets within the Land Rights Management Unit.
- Coordinate and distribute reports and other documentation in the support of the Land Rights Management Unit.
- Ensure that physical assets are reconciled to each individual office list on a monthly basis.
- Ensure proper maintenance of registers, including fixed assets, tools and equipment registers.
- Maintenance of office equipment, computer points, computer equipment and telephone lines.
- Arrange meetings as requested by the Legal Executive, Senior Attorney, Junior Attorney and Paralegal.
- Ensure that leave reconciliations are done quarterly as per set format.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised Grade 12 (Std 10) certificate plus Diploma or Degree in Administration/Finance.
- Twelve (12) months’ practical office administrative experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional report writing.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Telephone etiquette
- Attention to detail.
- Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, et cetera).
Basic Salary: Level 5 (R173,703.00) plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 12 October 2021, quoting the reference number LRU/AO/23/09/2021 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Eulender Mafolo, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
Please login/register to apply online