LAND RIGHTS MANAGEMENT UNIT: FINANCE PAYMENT OFFICER
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 12 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Braamfontein.
Accountable for the provision of post-payment support services to ensure that payment processing is relevant, efficient and effective.
- Perform standard operating procedures with regard to checking and releasing of practitioner and trace creditor accounts, accommodating all organisational requirements.
- Identify and report non-compliance to the Payment Processing Unit Manager.
- Provide support services for the signing off of Purchase Orders for payment within the parameters of the post delegation.
- Assist in the daily printing of cheques.
- Provide support assistance in the preparation of the necessary reconciliation and reports.
- Ensure optimal productivity and workflow.
- Submit information for management reports as required.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES)
- A recognised Grade 12 (Matric) certificate with higher grade Accounting.
- Computer literacy.
- Two (2) years working experience in a financial environment.
- Knowledge of payment processing and basic understanding of creditors management.
BASIC SALARY: LEVEL 7 R257,508.00 plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 12 October 2021, quoting the reference number NO/FPO/23/09/2021 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Eulender Mafolo, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
Please login/register to apply online