LAND RIGHTS MANAGEMENT UNIT: HIGH COURT LEGAL PRACTITIONER – CIVIL x 4
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 12 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. These positions are based in Braamfontein.
- Provide legal representation to indigent accused persons at High Court level.
- Handling of complex civil High Court matters.
- Training and supervision of Candidate Attorneys.
- Perform office administration.
- Represent women, children and landless people in civil matters.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES)
- Admitted Attorney or Advocate (the latter must have completed pupilage successfully at an institution recognised by Legal Aid SA).
- Legal representation at High Court level.
- Minimum of at least seven (7) years’ post-qualification experience, of which five (5) years must be post-admission experience.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ High Court experience/or a minimum of six (6) years’ Regional Court experience.
- LLB degree.
- Proven track record in civil matters at High Court level.
- A valid driver’s licence will be an advantage.
- Right of appearance in High Court.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Analytical thinking.
- Team player.
- Self-development orientation.
Salary: R725,487.00 all-inclusive package per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 12 October 2021, quoting the reference number LRU/HC-LP/23/9/2021 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Eulender Mafolo, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
Please login/register to apply online