INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RE-ADVERTISEMENT
LEGAL PRACTITIONER – CIVIL LEVEL 2
NELSPRUIT LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 12 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. This position is based in Nelspruit.
- Provide civil legal aid to the poor in the coverage area of the unit.
- Handling of complex civil matters.
- Supervise and guide civil Candidate Attorneys and Paralegals.
- Assist in providing support and assistance to civil sections of the office in the designated cluster.
- Represent women, children and vulnerable landless people in all civil matters.
- Perform office administration.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- Admitted Attorney/Advocate (the latter must have completed pupilage successfully at an institution recognised by Legal Aid SA).
- LLB or B Proc degree.
- At least five years’ post-admission civil experience.
- Right of appearance in the High Court.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong analytical ability and excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Self-development orientation.
- A valid driver’s license is an advantage.
BASIC SALARY: R510,432.00 plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 26 October 2021, quoting the reference number NEL/LP2/8/10/2021 in the subject line to LMPRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Theophelus Shange, Tel: 013 756 4500
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
Please login/register to apply online