INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RE-ADVERTISEMENT
HIGH COURT UNIT MANAGER
NELSPRUIT LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 12 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Nelspruit.
- To manage the functioning and administration of the High Court Unit.
- To manage legal aid to the poor in the area of jurisdiction.
- To supervise and guide High Court Unit Legal Practitioner.
- To manage the allocation of cases to private practitioners (Judicare) in High Court cases.
- To assist with the preparation and maintenance of the annual budget for the Unit.
- To ensure sound management of the Unit’s finances and other assets.
- To manage the client database on Sebenza.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised tertiary legal qualification (LLB or B.Proc).
- Admitted Attorney or Advocate with right of appearance in the High Court.
- At least 12 years post-qualification legal experience (10 years post-admission experience), of which 4 years must be court experience.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a Management position.
- A valid Code 08 driver’s licence is an advantage.
- Excellent leadership and people development skills with a track record in training.
- Experience in budget preparation and management thereof.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Sebenza).
- Strong communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative, creative and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies.
Salary: R997,761.00 (All-inclusive package) per annum (CM -1)
Envisaged for this position is a senior Attorney or Advocate, with good standing in the legal fraternity, a proven track record in criminal and civil litigation, a motivated, self-driven and mature individual who is a team player.
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 26 October 2021, quoting the reference number NEL-HCM/08/10/2021 in the subject line to LMPRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Theophelus Shange, Tel: 013 753 2154
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
Please login/register to apply online