INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RE-ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE – FINANCE DEPARTMENT
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 12 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Braamfontein.
- Administer the payroll process to ensure accurate and efficient output.
- Assist in the administration of salary and third party payments.
- Preparation and distribution of payslips to employees.
- Assist in the processing of garnishee orders and stop orders.
- Interface with HR Administration regarding the processing of all deductions in payroll.
- Maintain all payroll records, reports, records, computations and audits, working closely with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance with relevant tax laws, government regulations and internal policies.
- Provide ongoing assistance to employee’s inquiries and information requests in all payroll matters.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES)
- Matric and a recognised 3-year tertiary qualification in Finance or Human Resources.
- More than 2 years’ relevant work experience. Plus, two (2) years SAP experience in payroll and HR module.
- Excellent analytical, organisation, management and leadership skills, business acumen and the ability to deal with ambiguity and meet demanding deadlines.
- Financial and HR management skills to manage the payroll function within Legal Aid SA.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Able to create ‘functional integration’ within the Finance department, National Office departments and local offices.
- In depth knowledge of SAP Payroll System and how to implement and leverage these within a matrix business environment:
- Working knowledge of PFMA, National Treasury Regulations, Legal Aid SA Act and all other relevant employment statutes,
- Functional ability in utilisation of electronic systems and technologies.
BASIC SALARY: LEVEL 6 R211,713.00 per annum plus benefits
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 01 February 2022, quoting the reference number FIN/PO/14/01/2022 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Eulender Mafolo, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
Please login/register to apply online