INTERNAL CONTROL OFFICER
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 13 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Braamfontein.
- In-depth knowledge of legislative environment, internal control systems, financial related systems and information, fraud prevention, governance framework and oversight into related committees and how to implement and leverage these within a complex business environment, including:
- Thorough working knowledge of PFMA, National Treasury Regulations, Legal Aid SA Act and other relevant Statutes.
- Working knowledge of King IV Code of Corporate Governance.
- Functional ability in utilisation of electronic systems and technologies.
- Sound financial and management accounting skills coupled with people development and management skills.
- Able to partner with Executive Management to support the achievement of strategic objectives through effective loss control processes.
- Effective working relationship with the CFO and other departmental Managers.
- Excellent analytical, organisational, management and leadership skills, business acumen and the ability to deal with ambiguity and meet demanding deadlines and manage projects.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES)
- Minimum of three (3) years in a risk/compliance/finance environment, coupled with experience in Accounting, Finance, Auditing and Business Management.
- A recognised tertiary qualification in Finance and/or Accounting/Internal Auditing (BCom).
- Six (6) years in a Finance environment, of which three (3) years at a Supervisory/Management level will be added advantage.
- A demonstrated knowledge of internal process control.
- Experience that would assist the incumbent in driving a service excellence mindset.
- Experience in business planning and monitoring and reporting.
- A sophisticated collaborative style is advantageous.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
SALARY: R382 245.00 per annum all Inclusive package (Level 9)
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 28 April 2022, quoting the reference number NO/ICO/08/04/2022 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Eulender Mafolo, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer /promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
Please login/register to apply online