INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 13 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Braamfontein.
Manage and monitor the organisation through maintenance of the contract register to ensure compliance with all relevant legislative frameworks:
- Maintain and keep the contract list complete and accurate.
- Ensure that contracts are in place for all relevant services.
- Compile and draft Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in engagement with users and Corporate Legal.
- Ensure that SLAs are in place for all contracted services.
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance to determine the necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts and compliance with contractual obligations.
- Manage the contract’s intent, compliance, keep track of delivery and performance.
- Manage changes (additions, modifications and deletions) to the contract with suppliers and business units.
- Keep track of changes and updates to contract documentation.
- Negotiate, administer, extend, terminate and renegotiate contracts with suppliers.
- Ensure that all contracted commitments and critical deliverables are met.
- Ensure that the Legal Services division is consulted regarding contractual non-performance.
- Ensure that expired contracts do not continue running without written approval.
- Manage the contract risk and escalate risks and issues as required.
- Analyse price proposals, final reports and other data to determine the reasonability of price.
- Engage Legal Services regarding compliance occurring in performance contracts.
- Facilitation and formulation of Special Conditions of the contract for inclusion in bids.
- Maintain the procurement plan list and ensure annual targets are achieved.
- Provide reports relating to contracts to various committees.
Skills and Knowledge
- Project management skills and knowledge to analyse and interpret laws and regulations that govern procurement is highly required.
- Organisation and administration skills; quick and innovative thinking.
- Presentation skills (verbal and written skills) and good communication skills.
- Problem solving and analysis.
- Basic knowledge of accounting.
- Computer literacy.
- Integrity and the ability to deal with confidential information are essential.
- Financial management skills.
- Planning and organising skills.
- Efficient and accurate with attention to detail.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A minimum of 4-5 years experience in a public service procurement environment, of which 1 year should directly be in Contract Management.
- Experience that would assist the incumbent in driving a service excellent mindset.
- Experience in strategic and business planning and monitoring and reporting.
- A sophisticated collaborative style is advantageous.
- Ability to initiate processes for the benefit of Legal Aid SA.
- Ability to communicate at any level of the organisation.
- Client service orientation.
- Knowledge of dealing with Treasury regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of PFMA Act, PPPFA Act and B-BBE Act.
- Three-year Degree/National Diploma in Supply Chain Management or related or relevant.
Basic Salary: R382 245.00 plus benefits per annum (Level 9)
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 28 April 2022, quoting the reference number SCM-CS/NO/08/04/2022 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Eulender Mafolo, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
Please login/register to apply online