INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 13 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Braamfontein.
To provide administration and technical support in the SCM Unit for tenders and procurement requirements for Legal Aid SA.
- Assist in preparing bid specifications and ensure Bid Committee members are appointed for all tenders to be advertised.
- Check completeness of documentation and compliance against Supply Chain Management principles and thresholds.
- Compile business needs to be included in the procurement plan for submission to NT.
- Review and monitor the procurement plan and report on procurement delays.
- Enforce compliance in terms of SCM policies and prescripts.
- Provide Management and both internal and external clients with tender-related advice.
- Implement an effective document control and filing system.
- Provide inputs to the Demand and Acquisition Manager for monthly reports.
- Compile procurement reports and undertake compliance monitoring checks.
- Review documents for submission to the Bid Committees for completeness and accuracy.
- Liaise with the User Department on an ongoing basis with respect to Tender requirements and Tender status.
- Assemble and maintain internal procurement documentation relating to the tendering process, including recording Management approval relating to tendering and contracting actions.
- Maintain tender files and compilation of various inputs to submit a more competitive bid document.
- Monitor deadlines.
- Prepare Tender status reports and expected timelines on a regular basis as and when requested.
- Follow through successful acquisitions to completion.
- Report to internal and external stakeholders on the actual spending against the approved budget.
- Facilitating of the negotiation process with potential service providers to ensure value for money is obtained in the procurement process.
- Ensure service providers are appointed in line with approved budgets in the procurement plan.
- Ensure the SCM system is cost-effective and implement processes to mitigate potential fruitless, wasteful, irregular and unauthorised expenditure.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Project management skills and knowledge to analyse and interpret laws and regulations that govern procurement is highly required.
- Organisational and administration skills; quick and innovative thinking.
- Presentation skills (verbal and written, writing skills) and good communication skills.
- Problem-solving analysis.
- Basic knowledge of accounting.
- Computer literacy.
- Integrity and the ability to deal with confidential information are essential.
- Financial management skills.
- Planning and organising skills ability.
- Efficient and accurate with attention to detail.
- Ability to initiate processes for the benefit of Legal Aid SA.
- Ability to communicate at any level of the organisation.
- Client service orientation.
- Knowledge of dealing with Treasury regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of PFMA Act, PPPFA Act and B-BBEE Act.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A minimum of 3 years experience is a requirement in a similar position as well as strong experience in implementation of the PPPFA, PFMA, Treasury regulations as well as a general understanding of B-BBEE Act requirements in line with procurement compliance.
- Three-year Degree/National Diploma in Supply Chain Management or related or relevant.
- Experience that would assist the incumbent in driving a service excellence mindset.
- Experience in strategic and business planning and monitoring and reporting.
- A sophisticated collaborative style is advantageous.
Basic Salary: R382 245 plus benefits per annum (Level 9)
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 28 April 2022, quoting the reference number SCM-TS/NO/08/04/2022 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Eulender Mafolo, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer /promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
Please login/register to apply online