LEGAL PRACTITIONER – SPECIALISED COMMERCIAL CRIMES COURTS
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RE-ADVERTISEMENT
NELSPRUIT LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 13 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the Legal Aid SA Nelspruit Local Office.
- Provide criminal legal aid to the poor in specialised commercial crimes courts including all coverage areas of the unit.
- Handling of specialised commercial crimes matters.
- Supervise and guide criminal Candidate Attorneys and paralegals.
- Assist in providing support and assistance to the specialised commercial crime sections of the office in the designated cluster.
- Representing Legal Aid SA’s clients in all commercial crimes matters.
- Perform office administration.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- Admitted Attorney/Advocate (the latter must have completed pupillage successfully at an institution recognised by Legal Aid SA).
- LLB or B Proc degree.
- At least (5) five years’ post-admission criminal experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong analytical ability and excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Self-development orientation.
- A valid driver’s licence is an advantage.
Basic Salary: LP 5 Notch 1: R518,088.00 plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 02 August 2022, quoting the reference number NEL/LP-CC/15/07/2022 in the subject line to LPMPRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Theophelus Shange, Tel: 013 756 4500
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN 2 MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online