LEGAL PRACTITIONER – LABOUR
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RE-ADVERTISEMENT
DURBAN LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine (9) provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for fourteen (14) consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Durban.
- Provide legal representation to the indigent at District and Regional Court level.
- Training of Candidate Attorneys.
- Perform office administration.
- Maintain accurate statistics.
- Represent women, children and landless people in criminal matters.
- Provide legal representation in labour matters.
- LLB degree or equivalent.
- Legal representation at labour and criminal courts.
- At least seven (7) years of post-qualification legal experience and five (5) years of post-admission experience.
- Admitted Attorney with right of appearance in the High Court with four (4) years minimum High Court experience or admitted Advocate with pupillage with a minimum of four (4) years of High Court experience.
- Extensive knowledge of labour law and the application thereof is a major requirement.
- Qualification in labour law is an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in labour matters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to relate at all levels.
- Analytical thinking.
- Organising and planning.
- Self-development orientation.
- People development.
SALARY: LP 7 (R797,901.00) all-inclusive package per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 28 February 2023, quoting the reference number DBN/LP-LAB/10/02/2023 in the subject line to KZNRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Sinakho Mrwetyana, Tel: 031 717 8450
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN TWO (2) MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online