FINANCIAL EXPENDITURE MANAGER
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE – BRAAMFONTEIN (FINANCE DEPARTMENT)
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine (9) provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for fourteen (14) consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition (EVP) with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from suitable persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be expected to sign a performance contract. The position is based at the Legal Aid SA National Office in Braamfontein.
- Develop, monitor and review departmental accounting policies, procedures and processes for submission to Management Exco and/or Board for approval as required.
- Ensure all Provincial Accountants and Finance staff are familiar with and implement all finance policies and procedures and maintain systems to ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensure that all actions of Legal Aid SA are compliant with the legislation and regulations and that all statutory reporting and submission deadlines are complied with.
- Prepare monthly statements by collecting data, analysing and investigating variances, and summarising data, information and trends.
- Ensure effective and efficient payment processing.
- Ensure administrative efficiency and effective control relating to the handling, routing and filing (physical or electronic) of incoming invoices and the assessment of practitioners’ accounts and the pre-checking of trade creditor accounts.
- Supervise any Accounts Payable, Payroll and Infrastructure staff.
- Ensure effective payroll administration and accurate and timeous payment of salaries and statutory payments.
- Effective and efficient management of infrastructure requirements for the National Office.
- In-depth knowledge of Finance (Expenditure Management) and how to implement and leverage these within a matrix business environment:
- Working knowledge of PFMA, National Treasury Regulations, Legal Aid SA Act and other relevant Statutes.
- Functional ability in the utilisation of electronic systems and technologies.
- Able to create functional integration within the Finance Department, National Office Departments and Local Offices.
- Able to partner with the Finance Executive and Senior Management to support the achievement of strategic objectives through effective support administrative processes.
- Effective working relationships with the Executive, Senior Management and the Finance Department.
- Excellent analytical, organisational, management and leadership skills, business acumen and the ability to deal with ambiguity and meet demanding deadlines and manage projects.
- Financial and HR management skills to manage the expenditure function within Legal Aid SA.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised three (3) year tertiary qualification in Finance and/or Accounting (e.g. BComm, with Accounting as major). Honours degree/CTA added advantage.
- More than five (5) years of relevant work experience in Finance with a minimum three (3) years of experience in a middle management role within a complex organisation.
- Experience that would assist the incumbent in driving a service excellence mindset and building relationships within the organisation as a whole.
- A sophisticated collaborative style is advantageous.
- Project management experience is necessary but not essential.
SALARY: Level 13 (R1,105,383.00) all-inclusive package per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting the practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 28 February 2023 by email, quoting the reference number NO/FIN/FEM/10/02/2023 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Blanche Gouws, Tel: 011 877 2025
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN TWO (2) MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online