INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE – BRAAMFONTEIN
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine (9) provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for fourteen (14) consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position reports to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) and is based at the Legal Aid SA National Office in Braamfontein.
- Responsible for delivering the brand, reputation, media, marketing and communications outcomes of the organisation.
- Accountable for leading the communications, media and marketing agenda within Legal Aid SA in support of the business strategy by providing leadership in brand and reputation management to the organisation.
- The incumbent will oversee a business partnering model, supporting business priorities through the embedding of world-class communications, marketing, media and brand management methodologies and processes.
- Support the strategic positioning, reputation and awareness of the business, and lead and direct stakeholder relations and communications portfolio within Legal Aid SA to ensure effective interaction with various stakeholder groups in order to appropriately position the organisation and leadership.
- Participate as a member of the Management Executive Committee with a specific focus on Communications Management and how that process is best leveraged, led and managed to deliver the overall business objectives.
- Develop and execute Legal Aid SA’s integrated brand, communications and marketing strategy in alignment with Legal Aid SA’s unique value proposition.
- Develop and implement an integrated brand management, communications and marketing plan to ensure maximum optimisation of brand value.
- Exercise management oversight of the Media and Marketing Manager to manage the reputation of Legal Aid SA, taking the lead on media handling, proactively placing good news stories, dealing with media enquiries and producing media releases to ensure that the reputation risk of the organisation is effectively and proactively managed.
- Develop and implement a media and marketing strategy to manage reputation and brand to proactively increase the awareness of Legal Aid SA and its service offerings to its client and potential client population as well as to provide education and information concerning legal rights and obligations to its potential client community.
- Develop a framework to address critical digital and social media challenges and opportunities including leveraging digital and social platforms that make it easier for clients to access relevant and timely information.
- Oversee the development and management of a national stakeholder framework ensuring that stakeholder relationships are productive and fully leveraged including joint programmes to increase access to justice and provide strategic guidance on the implementation and understanding of stakeholder management-related legislation throughout the organisation.
- Exercise management oversight of the Communications Manager to oversee internal communications within the organisation and ensure that the internal communications processes and practices support employee engagement levels by contributing to the strengthening of the employer brand and employee value proposition.
- Develop some aligned/integrated communications (internal and external) strategy that reflects business priorities and is consistent with global communications standards whilst partnering with senior business executives to ensure the implementation of the communications strategy.
- Lead the embedding and successful execution of common Legal Aid SA communications policies, processes and practices and influence the appropriate application of organisation-wide standards of communications excellence whilst maintaining and continuously improving communications standards and practices within the organisation.
- Oversee the development and management of the Legal Aid SA corporate identity and take responsibility for the Legal Aid SA brand across a national footprint.
- Exercising management oversight of the Media Content Development Specialist to oversee the communications, marketing, media and social media content development and management (corporate materials content development, marketing and advertising materials, media content management, website and Intranet content development and social media content development) to ensure the development and management of content impacting positively on Legal Aid SA’s reputation and brand internally and externally.
- Take a leadership role within the organisation and act as a senior communications business partner to the broader business.
- Develop and execute a road map for how the Communications Department will continue to improve and provide value to the organisation.
- Develop mitigating strategies on identified stakeholder management, brand, media and communication risks, opportunities and threats in relation to business and advise appropriate action.
- Introduce metrics that will guide leadership in measuring and managing organisational performance in relation to the brand, reputation, stakeholder management and internal communication.
- Design a brand and communications evaluation framework, inclusive of client and employee data, in order to deliver meaningful insight that will inform the brand and communication strategy.
- Direct the skills planning process, financial management and controls, business planning and monitoring, risk management and project management.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised postgraduate tertiary qualification in marketing and communications or related studies.
- A highly respected senior communications generalist practitioner, with a minimum of ten (10) years of communications, marketing, stakeholder management experience, of which at least five (5) years are in a senior management position with broad and deep experience in marketing, corporate branding and/or media relations management who has taken a leading role in strategic interventions across a national footprint or within a large, complex organisation.
- Exposure to the legal environment is an added advantage.
- Experience within core business roles would assist the incumbent in driving a commercial mindset within communications and building relationships within the business.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution is preferred.
- A sophisticated influencing style that is able to broker collaboration is advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of the core communications disciplines and how to implement and leverage these within a complex business: Corporate Materials Development, Design and Distribution, Marketing and Advertising, Public Relations and Events Management, Media Management, Website and Intranet Development and Management.
- Ability to benchmark operations and work with senior management to implement Communications best practices within the organisation.
- Able to partner with the core business to support the achievement of strategic objectives through effective communication processes.
- Effective working relationship with the Senior Executives with the ability to guide and advise them in relation to brand and reputation.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills, business acumen and the ability to deal with ambiguity, meet demanding deadlines and manage projects.
- Behavioural integrity, honesty, trustworthiness, professionalism, emotional intelligence and learning agility.
- Leadership: Sound people management acumen, strategic decision-making and issue resolution, mentoring and developing resources, results-oriented and self-motivated, working in a team towards a common goal, leading and empowering the team.
- Knowledge: Stakeholder management issues, strong business acumen, communication practices, broad stakeholder landscape, impact and external organisational relationships that affect the business.
- Skill: Understanding of political protocol and political networking, good communication and presentation, interact with and influence all levels in the organisation, represent Legal Aid SA with stakeholders and in public, business and general management, strong negotiation and conflict management, deliver results in a high pressure environment, project management, computer literacy, finance.
- Driving the business imperative with integration across all of the business units.
- Multiple stakeholders at various levels of government.
- Complexity in managing across boundaries and a national footprint.
- Management of media relations, stakeholders and communications activities across a national matrix.
- Management of and participation in multiple cross functional teams.
SALARY PACKAGE: COMPETITIVE NEGOTIABLE REMUNERATION PACKAGE
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 01 June 2023 quoting the reference number NO/CE/19/05/2023 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal–aid.co.za
Enquiries to Blanche Gouws, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA.
It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN TWO (2) MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online