ASSISTANT INTERNAL AUDITOR
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE (INTERNAL AUDIT DEPARTMENT)
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine (9) provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for fourteen (14) consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill in the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed for a duration of three (3) years. This position is based at the Legal Aid SA National Office in Braamfontein.
- Assist the Internal Auditor with the planning logistics for the projects allocated.
- To assist in the conduct of audit reviews.
- Perform audit fieldwork under the supervision of the Internal Auditor.
- Compile audit working papers on TeamMate.
- Discuss simple exceptions found with the Auditee and document the findings raised.
- Compiling of simple audit programmes for activities that form part of a specific audit project.
- Selection of items for audit.
- Compiling of parts of the draft audit findings as and when requested by the auditor.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- Three (3)-year qualification with courses in Accounting, Auditing, Internal Auditing or Management Accounting.
- Knowledge of accounting, auditing/internal auditing and management accounting disciplines and how to implement and leverage those within a complex business environment.
- Knowledge of TeamMate audit software.
BASIC SALARY: Level 5 (R202,233.00) plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 25 July 2023, quoting the reference number NO/IA/07/07/2023 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Blanche Gouws, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN TWO (2) MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online