INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE (FINANCE DEPARTMENT)
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine (9) provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for fourteen (14) consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. This position is based at the Legal Aid SA National Office in Braamfontein.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- To provide support services to ensure the most efficient, effective and economical procurement, while ensuring compliance with Basic Employment Equity (BEE) and Supply Chain Management (SCM) requirements.
- Procure goods and services as required.
- Create and generate purchase requisitions/orders/good received notes (GRN).
- Assist with the tendering process.
- Ensure that all assets and risks are adequately insured.
- Manage insurance claims.
- Arrange for courier services.
- Responsible for stationery/consumables.
- Assess the correctness of requests in respect of deviations, variations of contracts, condonations and use of consultants.
- Manage registers for deviations, variations of contracts, condonations, procurement less than R500,000.00 and consultants.
- All other SCM functions.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- National Senior/Matric certificate.
- Two-three (2-3) years of relevant work experience within a procurement/financial environment, preferably public sector.
- Experience in eLAA, Syspro and Excel is strongly recommended.
- A Degree/Diploma in finance, procurement or supply chain.
- A sophisticated collaborative style is advantageous, together with good communication skills.
BASIC SALARY: Level 7 (R294,321.00) plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 25 July 2023, quoting the reference number NO/FIN/07/07/2023 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Blanche Gouws, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN TWO (2) MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online