DATA ANALYST: LAND RIGHTS MANAGEMENT
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE – BRAAMFONTEIN
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine (9) provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for fourteen (14) consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the Legal Aid SA National Office in Braamfontein.
- To assist with data analysis in the reporting function of the Land Rights Management Unit component of Legal Aid SA, including the collection, collation, analysis, reporting and publishing of statistical data on behalf of the Land Rights Management Unit.
- Display insight into Legal Aid SA’s strategic direction and priorities of legal service delivery.
- Translate requirements into reporting or data analysis specifications, employing critical thinking to ensure alignment with the actual business needs.
- Compile daily, monthly, quarterly and annual delivery and other operational statistical reports from the existing Legal Aid SA databases, agreed upon with the Data Unit Manager.
- Analyse complex datasets, identify trends, patterns and correlations, and present findings through reports, dashboards and visualisations.
- Extract data from various sources and decentralised Legal Aid SA offices for national consolidation, transform and cleanse it for effective analysis, and ensure data quality and integrity throughout the BI process.
- Specify, gather, clean, combine and aggregate data from disparate sources for data analysis and reporting needs.
- Identify data quality issues, their corresponding root cause and collaborate with business and Information Systems teams to drive improvements in data quality.
- Design/analyse business intelligence reports for client departments as required, including the identification of system enhancements and new system developments.
- Continuously upskill and stay abreast of new developments in data analysis & BI tools, methodologies and applications.
- Ensure efficient and effective knowledge management and sharing of information.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- National Senior/Matric certificate plus three (3) year National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Strong report/dashboard development and data visualisation skills with modern BI tools (e.g., MS Reporting Services, Excel and Power BI).
- Advanced T-SQL skills and advanced Excel skills (desirable).
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a data analyst environment within a complex organisation (essential).
- Experience in business intelligence (advantageous).
- Experience in cleaning, assimilating, manipulating and aggregating large data sets using T-SQL.
- Experience that would assist the incumbent in driving a service excellence mindset and building relationships within the organisation.
- A sophisticated collaborative style is advantageous.
- Project management experience is necessary but not essential.
- Service excellence imperative.
- Multi-level and diverse stakeholders.
- Complexity in co-ordinating across organisational levels.
- Networking with relevant internal and external stakeholders including Local Offices.
- Knowledge of business administration, operations and business analytics skills and how to implement and leverage these within a matrix business environment.
- Able to partner with the Legal Executive: Land Rights Management and Senior Management to support the achievement of strategic objectives through effective support administrative processes.
- Excellent analytical, organisation, management and leadership skills, business acumen and the ability to deal with ambiguity and meet demanding deadlines and manage projects.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items and able to stay focused under pressure.
SALARY: Level 11 (R811,560.00) all-inclusive package per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 16 August 2023, quoting the reference number NO/LRM-DA/28/07/2023 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Blanche Gouws, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN TWO (2) MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online