INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE – FINANCE DEPARTMENT
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine (9) provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for fourteen (14) consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the Legal Aid SA National Office in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
- To provide administrative and technical support in the preparation of the annual budget and the Medium-Term Expenditure Framework and co-ordinate the budget of Legal Aid SA.
- Develop, manage and maintain budget templates for distribution to Executives.
- Formulate and review budgeting guidelines, based on the Strategic Plan of Legal Aid SA.
- Prepare, review and consolidate budgets per Cost Centre into Departmental, Divisional and Organisational budgets and present consolidated budgets to the Chief Financial Officer for approval by the Board of Directors.
- Capture the approved budget in the financial system and distribute to all Local Offices, Provincial Offices and National Office departments.
- Produce monthly variance reports, highlighting cash flow implications in comparison to the budget, and present them to Executives for review.
- Complete and update National Treasury templates – Estimates of National Expenditure (ENE).
- Review and manage the vendor database; approve applications for new vendors; ensure that all vendors comply with the B-BBEE Policy of the organisation.
- Ensure statutory requirements are complied with.
- Service excellence imperative.
- Demanding deadlines.
- Multi-level and diverse stakeholders.
- Complexity in co-ordinating budgets across organisational levels.
- Integration across all of the business units.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised tertiary qualification in Finance and Accounting, e.g., B.Comm, with an Accounting major or a minimum three (3) years degree or diploma.
- Minimum of three (3) years of management experience.
- Advanced Excel and business writing skills.
- Experience that would assist the incumbent in driving a service excellence mindset.
- Experience in strategic and business planning and monitoring and reporting.
- A sophisticated collaborative style is advantageous.
- In-depth knowledge of budgeting and management accounts disciplines and how to implement and leverage these within a complex business environment:
- Thorough working knowledge of the PFMA, National Treasury Regulations, Legal Aid SA Act and other relevant Statutes.
- Working knowledge of the King IV Code of Corporate Governance.
- Functional ability in the utilisation of electronic systems and technologies.
- Sound financial and management accounting skills coupled with people development and management skills.
- Able to partner with Executive Management to support the achievement of strategic objectives through effective budgeting processes.
- Effective working relationship with the Financial Manager – Budgeting and Reporting and other departmental managers.
- Excellent analytical, organisational, management and leadership skills; business acumen; the ability to deal with ambiguity, meet demanding deadlines and manage projects.
SALARY: Level 12 (R958,824.00) all-inclusive package per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 21 November 2023, quoting the reference NO/FIN/BA/03/11/2023 number in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Morwesi Tsotetsi, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN TWO (2) MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online