SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE – BRAAMFONTEIN
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine (9) provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for fourteen (14) consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill in the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the Legal Aid SA National Office in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
- Participate as a member of the Human Resources Management Committee with a specific focus on Recruitment, Leave Management, SAP (ERP) and Human Resources Administration Systems and how these resources are best leveraged, led and managed to deliver support of the overall business objectives.
- Manage and drive recruitment processes including recruitment, assessments, interviews, selection, negotiation, on-boarding, probationary reviews, employee evaluations and terminations.
- Act as a primary contact to functional managers on all Human Resources administration-related issues and services including remuneration and benefits management.
- Develop and maintain an Induction Programme for Legal Aid SA for national implementation.
- Manage and oversee all Human Resources administration practices, policies and procedures including Human Resources reporting and payroll administration.
- Develop and maintain Legal Aid SA’s Standard Operating Procedures and manage the execution thereof.
- Assist the Labour Relations Department with the annual review of Human Resources policies and procedures in order to stay compliant with new legislation and latest developments.
- Manage the design, development, evaluation and grading of Legal Aid SA posts in line with the Job Evaluation Policy.
- Keep abreast of and advise Management and employees on all changes to employment legislation (Tax Legislation, Unemployment and Insurance Fund, Pension Fund, Basic Conditions of Employment Act and Labour Relations Act, et cetera) that have an impact on the terms and conditions of employment.
- Oversee and manage leave management from a national perspective and ensure the provision of functional and technical support.
- Manage the implementation of the remuneration and reward system and ensure that national rewards practices are in line with the overall remuneration and reward policies and procedures.
- Identify, analyse and provide SAP Payroll and Human Resources solutions for any identified Human Resources business process problem areas.
- Maintain compliance and governance of the Legal Aid SA Human Resources business systems framework in line with the Legal Aid SA Governance and Information Systems (IS).
- Establish a Focus Group, comprising super users of each Human Resources business process, IS SAP Specialist, Internal Audit Computer Auditor and other relevant stakeholders.
- Arrange monthly meetings with the Focus Group and relevant stakeholders to facilitate problem identification and resolution.
- Provide technical and functional support to all Human Resources business process users.
- Document and assist in the development of the end-user documentation and training material.
- Ensure that all SAP Human Resources project goals are achieved within the project time frame and guidelines.
- Define and translate Human Resources business demands into Human Resources SAP solutions and communicate across boundaries to ensure effective engagement and application.
- Drive organisational change initiatives with regard to all SAP and Human Resources administration interventions.
- Oversee the management of SAP Human Resources administration operations to ensure the achievement of efficiencies, legislative compliance with the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) and workplace legislation and the mitigation of operational risks.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised Bachelor’s degree with Human Resources as a major.
- Postgraduate qualification in Human Resources will be an added advantage.
- Ten (10) years of experience in Human Resources Management, at least five (5) of which are at a Middle Management level.
- Experience in a SAP field of which two (2) years as a specialist in the SAP Human Resources environment will be an added advantage.
- Recruitment experience at Executive and Senior Management level is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of the Human Resources transactional function and project management principles and how to facilitate this within the organisation.
- Functional ability in the utilisation of electronic Human Resources systems and technologies.
- Able to create ‘functional integration’ between the organisation and its employees.
- Ability to implement best practice and work effectively with the employees of the organisation.
- Able to partner with the Human Resources Executive (HRE) to support the achievement of strategic objectives through effective support processes.
- Effective working relationship with the HRE, Senior Managers and Executives.
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills, business acumen and the ability to deal with ambiguity and meet demanding deadlines and manage projects.
- Advanced people skills are necessary.
- Experience that would assist the incumbent in driving a service excellence mindset and building relationships within the organisation.
- Project management experience is essential.
- Human Resources generalist experience is essential.
SALARY: Level 13 (R1,162,200.00) all-inclusive package per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 30 January 2024, quoting the reference number NO/HRM-SENIOR/12/01/2024 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Siphesihle Molefe, Tel: 011 877 2134
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN TWO (2) MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online