MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM SUPERVISOR
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE – FINANCE DEPARTMENT
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 13 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Braamfontein.
Responsible for the correct posting of sub-ledgers to the General Ledger, maintenance of the Journal System, reconciliation of the General Ledger accounts and maintaining the Chart of Accounts and producing trial balances for all General Ledger accounts.
- Supervise the reconciliation of General Ledger accounts as per standard operating procedures.
- Supervise the preparation and posting of journals as per standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that all GL queries are addressed and resolved efficiently and timeously.
- Supervise all third-party payments.
- Assist in monthly reporting.
- Prepare and update the trial balance, for the preparation of the financial statements (quarterly, bi-annually or annually).
- Assist the Management Accountant in compiling reports.
- Perform finance administration duties and ad hoc duties.
- Supervise and coach personnel in the department.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised Grade 12 certificate with higher grade Accounting and Diploma or BCom in Financial Accounting/Finance.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant work experience within a finance environment.
- At least one (1) year of experience as a team leader/supervisor.
- Experience in caseware will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Accounting and how to perform these functions within a matrix business environment.
- Functional ability in utilisation of electronic systems and technologies.
Basic Salary: Level 9 (R382,245.00) plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 05 July 2022, quoting the reference number MIS-SUP/17/06/2022 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Eulender Mafolo, Tel: 011 877 2373
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN 2 MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online